STUDENT POSTER COMPETITION
The Poster Session is intended to be an effective and enjoyable method of presenting scientific papers. In this informal atmosphere, students are given the opportunity to meet and interact with the industry professionals. View our Poster Competition page to learn how to submit your abstract.
ROY G. POST FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIPS
The Roy G. Post Foundation has awarded scholarships to more than 235 undergraduate and graduate students from all around the world. The recipients of the Post Foundation scholarships are a group of extremely accomplished and outstanding & driven students who excel both inside and outside of their academic role. Visit the Scholarship page for more information on how to apply.
TECHNICAL PROGRAM STUDENT ASSISTANTS
Technical Program Student Assistants help Session Co-Chairs run a smooth session during the conference. Students will be assigned sessions based on preferred topic and availability. Please read the WMS Student Guidelines on our website for duties & responsibilities and eligibility.
STUDENT CAREER CENTER
WMS offers a CV/resume portal where students may upload their information and career goals. You may log in to the WM Symposia website and access the portal on your profile home page under “Student” section. Your CV/resume and career goals can be viewed by Conference attendees.
EDUCATIONAL & NETWORKING EVENTS
Students and Young Professionals attending WM2024 may have the opportunity to attend some of these events that are designed to enhance learning and networking opportunities at the Conference:
- Student Workshop: DOE’s Legacy Sites and Nuclear Waste: Past, Present and Future
- Student Assistant Training
- Job fair
- Student Networking Lounge and Coffee
- Student Poster Competition
- Next Generation Workforce Reception
- Student & Young Professionals Panel Sessions
- Women of Waste Management Panel & Networking Reception
- Intern Poster & MSIPP (Minority Serving Institution Partnership Program) Poster Sessions
- STEM Sessions
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (DEIA) Event
*opportunities will be updated as we plan for WM2024